So, once again I’m going to ABA TechShow, but I’m on a mission this year: I want to get a demo of every LPM provider in vendor hall. I’m committing myself to figuring out who has the easiest, frictionless, user experience of them all. Not necessarily every bell and whistle mind you, but who makes it the easiest for me to get into.
Now that’s not to say I want be looking forward to the sessions because I will. They are more often than not very informative, despite what you might read on the Twitters.
And once again, I’m publishing a vendor page with links to everyone who is scheduled to be in attendance according to the ABA TechShow website and a brief description of what they are promoting, as best as I could understand it. Hopefully I didn’t miss anyone, and if I did, shoot me an email. This year’s list is new because I’ve bolded the vendors who weren’t at last year’s show and
struck through those who apparently aren’t coming this year. It’s quite a shift from last year, so I’m looking forward to seeing the new wares.
Finally, I forgot to mention that the ABA has their comparison charts for both practice and case management vendors and time and billing vendors that was updated as of December 20, 2014. You can find it here.
4L Law Firm Services LLC (www.4L-Law.com) – Books and billing outsourcing
- ABA Journal Magazine (www.abajournal.com)
- ABA Meetings & Travel Department (www.americanbar.org/travel)
- ABA Retirement Funds (www.abaretirement.com)
- Abacus Data Systems, Inc.** (www.abacuslaw.com) – LPM, Cloud, billing, and other backoffice SaaS stuff.
- Absio (www.absio.com) – Secure email solutions provider
- Accellis Technology Group (www.accellis.com) – Technology consultants for LPM, accounting, etc., hosted solutions, and application developers
- Actionstep, Inc. (www.actionstep.com) – Erm, business practice management tool. Uses “workflows,” but site seems intentionally vague
- Adar IT (www.adarit.com) – Cloud-based hosting solution of some sort. Put your business in the cloud kind of thing
- Advantage Technologies** (www.adv-tech.com) – Apparently, hassle-free IT support.
Aderant (www.aderant.com) – End-to-end software solutions provider (own things like Compulaw and Deadlines.com as well) Advanced Legal (www.advancedlegal.com) – Technology consultants and solutions provider (basically your IT department) Aerohive Networks (www.aerohive.com) – Hardware and software solutions for wireless/mobile networking AgileLaw (www.agilelaw.com) – Fellow Texans, specializing in making your depositions paperless. I’ve written before how paper in depos is oftentimes advantageous, but I won’t belabor the point here
- AirWatch by VMware** (www.air-watch.com) – Something about enterprise mobility and technical mumbo-jumbo.
AltaPoint LockPath Inc. (www.lockpath.com) – Compliance and vendor management software to make sure your audit ready and compliant. Or something.
- Amicus Attorney – Gavel & Gown Software (www.amicusattorney.com) – LPM
Association of Legal Administrators (www.alanet.org)
- AUTOCAID** (www.autocaid.com) – Data extraction from documents to simply Medicaid processing.
- AVVO (www.avvo.com) – Directory and referral service, more or less
- Bellefield, LLC (www.bellefield.com) – Mobile time entry application
- Big Hand, Inc. (www.bighand.com) – Digital dictation service and apps and so forth, if you dictate
- Boopsie** (www.boopsie.com) – Mobile app platform for libraries.
Brainloop Inc. (www.brainloop.com) – Secure email and workspaces kinda stuff
- BQE BillQuick Legal** (www.bqe.com) – Billing, time management software for attorneys
- Canon USA, Inc. (www.usa.canon.com) – Well, it’s Canon, so probably lots of mobile scanning and document shit
- Capture.it Tech Ltd.** (getcaptureit.com) – So, this looks like a solution to automagically capture time and record it for billing, if you’re into that sort of thing still.
- Casemaker (www.casemakerlegal.com) – Primary law provider, mostly through your bar association
- CasePacer** (www.casepacer.com) – CasePacer is another case management platform that is both powerful and web-based.
- CDW (www.cdw.com) – I mean, it’s CDW.
Cetrom Information Technology (www.cetrom.net) – Cloud services provider Certiport, Inc. (www.certiport.com) – Not totally sure here, but it seems like something you use to become certified in using certain software, like MS or Adobe or whatever
- CHL Software (www.docmoto.com) – Document and email management on Mac. Holla!
- Chrometa (www.chrometa.com) – Time management application
- Citrix ShareFile (www.sharefile.com) – Dropbox, erm, sharing files software, you know
- Clio (www.goclio.com) – LPM – READ Jeff Richardson’s post on Clio’s new iPad app here.
Cloud9 Real Time (www.cloud9realtime.com) – Cloud services, moving your business into it kind of thing Clustify/Hot Neuron LLC (www.cluster-text.com) – eDiscovery, but every time I see the name I think “cluster fuck,” which, you know, seems appropriate
- Comcast Business (business.comcast.com)
Computing Source (www.computingsource.com) – I was startled by their website, but basically services related to eDiscovery, documents, presentation, etc. Controle, LLC (www.takecontrole.com) – eDiscovery
- Corel Corporation** (www.corel.com) – Because WordPerfect refuses to die.
- Confirmation.com** (www.confirmation.com) – An online audit confirmation solutions provider.
- Cosmolex LLC (www.cosmolex.com) – Cloud-based time and billing. For more, check out LTN’s coverage on the service.
- Crowe Horwath LLP** (www.crowehorwath.com)- Accounting, consulting, and technology services group.
- Decision Analytics Group** (www.decisionanalyticsgroup.com) – Business analytics for law firms.
Digital WarRoom (www.digitalwarroom.com) – eDiscovery
- DocMoto (www.docmoto.com) – Document and email management for Mac lovers.
E-Typist, Inc. (www.e-typist.com) – Virtual transcription and paralegal services eDepoze, LLC (www.edepoze.com) – Paperless depositions
- eDiscovery Assistant** (ediscoveryassistant.com) – This is an app for eDiscovery resources, like rules of procedure, templates for common documents (e.g., legal holds), case digests, and the like.
- EmpowerLegal** (empowerlegalapp.com) – An app, for finding lawyers.
ESI (www.esi-estech.com) – Telephony service, not (shockingly) eDiscovery
- Executive Communication Systems** (tvps.com) – Everything dictation related.
- Fastcase (www.fastcase.com) – Primary law provider, usually through your bar association
File & ServeXpress (www.fileandservexpress.com) – eFiling
- Findlaw (lawyermarketing.com)
Finom Inc. (www.finom.com) – Directory service for financial advisors
- FiscalNote** (www.fiscalnote.com) – SaaS that helps you track, analyze, and possibly predict outcomes in legislative and regulatory matters.
- Fonality, Inc. (www.fonality.com) – Erm, I guess like cloud-based call management and transcription services
- Fujitsu Computer Prods. (us.fujitsu.com/ScanSnap) – Scanners, document management software, etc. (I’m a big fan of ScanSnap)
- Genesis Technologies** (www.gentechol.com) – Provider of managed print services, office equipment, and software.
- GenesisCCM** (genesisccm.com) – An online child custody manager. Website is just a login portal though.
- Handshake Software Inc.** (www.handshakesoftware.com) – Sharepoint products and services for law firms.
High Impact, Inc. (www.highimpact.com) – Trial exhibits Hitachi Solutions Am. (credeon.com) – Encrypted data cloud solutions
- HotDocs (www.hotdocs.com)
- Identillect Technologies, Inc.** (identillect.com) – Secure email solution.
- Intake 123** (www.intake123.com) – Online intake forms application.
Integrated Data Storage (www.integrateddatastorage.com) – Managed IT services, backups, cloud, virtualization, etc.
- Intel Security** – (www.intelsecurity.com) – Uhhhh, security by Intel.
International Law Technology Association (www.iltanet.org)
- iPro Tech, LLC (www.iprotech.com) – eDiscovery
- ITsavvy** (www.itsavvy.com) – IT services, products, managed solutions, etc.
- JuraLaw (www.juralaw.com) – LPM
Knowledge Computers (www.knowledgecomputers.net) – Networking equipment
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions USA (www.kmbs.konicaminolta.us/legal) – Scanners, document management software, etc.
Law Bulletin Publishing Co. (www.lawbulletin.com) – Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, docket watches, etc. Lawgic, LLC (www.lawgic.com) – Automated forms (mostly wills & trusts for various states, some family materials for CA) LawPal (lawpal.com) – New online secure online collaboration platform for building documents
- LawPay (www.lawpay.com/abatech) – Client payment portal, credit card processing
- LawToolBox.com, Inc. (www.lawtoolbox.com) – Court deadlines … in the cloud!
- LDiscovery** (ldiscovery.com) – eDiscovery management solutions provider.
- Leaflet Corporation** (http://www.leafletcorp.com/) – automated and collaborative document creation service (system?). Not sure, there were a lot of words on their website and I didn’t read them all.
Legal Cloud Systems – Mindcore (www.mind-core.com) – Managed services, cloud servers, etc.
- Legal Files Software, Inc. (www.legalfiles.com) – LPM
- Legal Workspace** (legal-workspace.com) – Virtual practice – “cloud based.”
- LegalConference.com** (legalconference.com) – Secure videoconferencing and document storage.
- Legaler Inc.** (legaler.com) – Maybe secure video chat with clients and potential clients. READ Bob Ambrogi’s review here.
- LexActum (www.lexactum.com) – Client payment applications
Lexbe (www.lexbe.com) – eDiscovery software and services
- LexisNexis (www.lexisnexis.com) READ Bob Ambrogi’s post on Lexis’ nextest version for Microsoft Office here.
- LIT Software, LLC (www.litsoftware.com) – TrialPad and TranscriptPad for iPad – trial presentation and depo apps
Lito Law (www.litolaw.com) – LPM
- Logik (www.logikcull.com) – eDiscovery
Manzama (www.manzama.com) – BI & CI for firms Marketcircle (www.marketcircle.com) – Collaboration and billing software for Macs, iOS
- MatterMojo** (www.adcoelumtechnology.com) – Cloud-based matter management.
- McAfee (www.mcafee.com) – They are now Intel Security.
- MerusCase** (meruscase.com) – Law practice management provider.
MDI Access (www.mdiaccess.com) – Data center services, but seemingly large scale stuff.
- Microsoft (www.microsoft.com). DIAMOND SPONSOR.
- MidCo Inc.** (www.midcosystems.com) – Technology systems integration company, so wiring, tech, voice, etc.
- mindSHIFT, a Ricoh Co. (www.mindSHIFT.com) – IT cloud services (business in the cloud basically)
Minify (www.minifydiscovery.com) – eDiscovery, but never good when Google says the website doesn’t work
- Mobile Helix (www.mobilehelix.com) – Secure mobile connectivity for enterprise apps (email, calendars, docs, intranet)
My Personal DataSafe, LLC (www.xchangeport.com) – Secure file sharing with clients
- MyCase (www.mycase.com) – LPM
- National Court Reporters Assn (ncra.org)
- National Data Systems** (www.ndsone.com) – CRM, but oddly the website has been “temporarily disabled.” Perhaps it will work again soon.
Needles Case Management (www.needles.com) – LPM
- NetDocuments (www.netdocuments.com) – Cloud-based email and document management
- NeuLexa Corp. (neulexa.com) – Web-based, secure collaboration and project management software
Nextpoint (www.nextpoint.com) – Document and web-presence preservation, eDiscovery, and litigation support Ntrepid Corp. (www.ntrepidcorp.com/timestream) – Case timeline and evidence organization application
- OnLine Legal Software** (www.onlinelegalsoftware.com) – LPM (time keeping, billing, matter management, etc.)
- OneCloud Networks** (onecloudnetworks.com) – CRM
- PerfectLaw Software CDW Perfect Practice (www.perfectpractice.com) – Case management, time and billing software
- Presidio** (www.presidio.com) – Collaboration tools, VM, cyber security, network infrastructure services.
- Primafact (www.primafact.com) – Paperless office solutions provider
- ProLaw from Thomson Reuters (www.elite.com)
- Qorus Software Inc.** (www.qorusdocs.com) – Sharepoint document automation.
- Ravel Law** (www.ravellaw.com) – Legal research provider
- ReviewMyContract.com** (reviewmycontract.com) – Have your contract reviewed by an attorney.
- Ricoh USA Relationship Science (www.relsci.com) – Relationship Science service to assist in rainmaking
- Rocket Lawyer (www.rocketlawyer.com) – Automated forms
- Rocket Matter (www.rocketmatter.com) – LPM (time keeping, billing, matter management, etc.) READ Bob Ambrogi’s post on RM’s new client intake forms here.
- Ruby Receptionists (www.callruby.com) – Virtual receptionists
Second Chair Mobile (www.secondchairmobile.com) – Apps for file sharing and recording info on jury pool during selection
- SMBWildfire** (www.smbwildfire.com) – Cloud-based CRM.
- Smokeball (www.smokeball.com) – Cloud-based email, contact, and document management and forms too.
- SpeakWrite** (speakwrite.com) – Transcription and dictation services.
- SPLNC & Associates** (www.splnc.com) – Legal nurse practitioners for medical records review.
- Sprint (www.sprint.com/aba)
Stenograph (stenograph.com) – Court reporting Stratus Video Interpreting (www.stratusvideo.com) – Cloud-based video interpreters
- Summary Judgement LLC – You’re guess is as good as mine on this one.
SurePayroll, Inc. (www.surepayroll.com) – Secure, online payroll service
- Tabs3 Software (tabs3.com) – LPM, billing
- TabLit Applications, LLC** (www.tablitapps.com) – Oral argument and Trial Notebook apps.
- Telcom Innovations Group** (www.ask-tig.com) – Communications, networking, and cloud solutions provider.
The Intake Specialists by Alert Communications (www.alertcommunications.com) – Call center services TheFormTool, LLC (www.theformtool.com) – Word document automation software
- The New Media Advocacy Project** (www.newmediaadvocacy.org) – Helping human rights and social justice advocates to tell their stories.
- Thomson Reuters (west.thomson.com)
- Time59 (www.time59.com) – Web-based time and billing software
- TitanFile** (www.titanfile.com) – Secure file sharing.
- TranscriptionGear.com** (TranscriptionGear.com) – Yup, you guessed it.
UberConference (www.uberconference.com) – Conferencing application, solution
- Uptime Legal Systems** (www.uptimesystems.net) – Cloud-based services for document storage, sharing, email, managed IT services, etc.
- VeriStor Systems, Inc.** (www.veristor.com) – Cloud everything. Jaysus.
- Version2 IT Services (www.version2llc.com) – IT consulting and hosting solutions
- Walz Group (www.walzgroup.com) – Compliance and document management software and services
WealthCounsel, LLC (www.wealthcounsel.com) – Estate planning software
- WinMagic** (www.winmagic.com) – Secure documents.
- Wolters Kluwer Law & Business (wolterskluwerlb.com) – Law publisher, Loislaw, etc.
- WordRake (www.wordrake.com) – Editing software, you know to make your dumb sentences read better. Lots written about WordRake on the Interwebs.
- WORLDOX World Software Corp. (www.worldox.com) – Document management systems
Xalt Vilvo – No earthly idea, not even a website as best as I can tell.
- Xero** (www.xero.com) – Online accounting and billing application. Offered as an alternative to Quickbooks.
Yodle (www.yodle.com) – Online marketing, PR type stuff
- Zola** (zolasuite.com) – Enterprise resource planning solution. Whatever.